Re: [sabayon] =?utf-8?q?=5BPatch_Nag=5D_Bug_346890_=E2=80=93_Please_u?= =?utf-8?q?pdate_to_latest_Pessulus_tree?=

On 1/12/07, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 20:19 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> El mié, 10-01-2007 a las 21:55 +0530, Sayamindu Dasgupta escribió:

[..snipped]

> Thanks!  I just commented on the bug.  I think Sabayon and Pessulus
> should live in the same source tree, and not be separate modules at all.
> But maybe there are good reasons for this; does anyone know?

Two separate developer teams wrote two separate modules separately.
Thats the history. Could it change? Thats up to the developers.

I guess that would require a little bit of extra effort and
coordination (merging the two trees, making changes in bugzilla,
handling releases). And does this mean that both will be packaged
together as well ? I guess there are situations where pessulus can be
used as a standalone application (in fact, I used it at my University
for doing lockdown). In such a case, people might not want Sabayon to
come with Pessulus as well.

Just my two paise :-).

Thanks,
Sayamindu