Re: Rygel created UPnP stream help please

On Fr, 2013-03-29 at 11:32 +1300, Andrej Falout wrote:

        > I specified the non-existent file (/etc/rygel.confxxxs
        above)
        > but /etc/rygel.conf still got loaded instead - and there was
        no error
        > message related to non-existent file specified?

        If you specify a non-existing file it falls back to the system
        config
        file.

I suspected that much, but I also expected an error message to say
that config file specified does not exist.

Yeah, that shouldn't be a debug message. Fixed on master.

(rygel:16625): Rygel-DEBUG: rygel-user-config.vala:160: Failed to load
user configuration from file '/does/not/exist.conf': No such file or
directory

Actually, I only tried that because alternate conf file I specified
appeared to be be ignored (settings in it), and because the output of
--help is a bit ambiguous:

-c, --config                           Use configuration file instead
of user configuration

... it is not clear if the option accepts a file as parameter, and
weather this is to be space delimited or following a equal sign... so
I tried to provoke an error message that would reveal this... maybe it
should be:

-c <file>, --config=<file>                     Use configuration file
instead of user configuration

Agree, that's missing. Fixed on master.

        > --plugin-option=GstLaunch:enabled:true

        This option does not work.

It would be very handy to be able to define GstLaunch without a
config
file, in a scenario I will use, where I will have one instance of
Rygel for each DLNA device on the network...

        You can't run multiple instances of Rygel unless you isolate
        them.
        Otherwise they tend to interfere with their description files.

Oh - good to know - this would be a show stopper for me - how do I
"isolate" them?

By "description files" do you mean "configuration files" or something
else?

The files in ~/.config/Rygel. Isolation works by

a) Making sure you're not on a DBus session bus, otherwise new instances
of rygel will stop the old ones (unsetting DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS)
b) exporting XDG_CONFIG_HOME to something different for each instance.

        > With usual response of dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
        > com.intel.RendererServiceUPnP.OperationFailed: Operation
        failed:
        > Resource not found

        This answer is coming from the remote. I think we're in packet
        capture
        land now.

I will do a Wireshark snap and post it back - any preference on format
or capture scope?

standard pcap format will do.