Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RB sync with iPod?

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 17:46, AS <peace aleksandrsolzhenitsyn net> wrote:
On 09/30/2010 03:41 AM, giopas wrote:
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Aleksandr  wrote:

Some people have been very successful in doing it....according to the posts I've read.

I don't want to be one of them.

Aleksandr, AFAIK rhythmbox communicates with the iPod at the software/database layer and not at the firmware one, so that it is nearly impossible to create MAJOR damages: in the worst case, just plug your iPod to iTunes and format it and it will work again.

However this last answer seems to be made by a troll, so my (a bit rude) conclusion is: if you want to sync your iPod with Rhythmbox, stop asking and do it (you have received answers both by the maintainer of the project, Jonathan, and by the iPod sync developer, Christophe), otherwise do not flood this conversation anymore.

If you don't want to help or be helpful then just delete my comments.  It's painless to do so and it costs you nothing.  Remember- this list is for helping people use RB and not encouraging them to "get lost".  Concerning the latter you've been very successful.

I completely agree with Cristophe. We are not telling you to get lost, we are telling you we helped you as much as we can with the information you gave us. If you are not able to use your iPod with Rhythmbox however, and do have some information that could help us discover why it is not working, then we can help you more.

Regards,
Alexandre