Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] RB sync with iPod?

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Aleksandr <peace aleksandrsolzhenitsyn net> wrote:

My caution is warranted as I've read several posts on Ubuntu forum and other sites that simply state- "I destroyed my iPod" using Banshee or Rhythmbox.   Obviously I don't want my gadget to become a statistic.

Actually the worst case scenario is that rhythmbox mix your iPod database up: i.e. you have just to format your iPod and the devise is fresh new. :)

In nuts: using rhythmbox you can't make your iPod a brick!

However, if you want to be sure to do not loose your songs, simply drag your iPod to your linux box, open Rhythmbox and copy all songs in your library. After that you can start adding new songs to the device or try to sync your playlists.

.  Can videos be loaded the same way (drag and drop) onto the iPod using RB?

No, you have to use something like gtkpod, if I remember well...

Keep fine,

giopas