Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Writing a Plugin syncing Playlists to UbuntuOne back and forth

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Kai Wolf <mailinglist-fetcher gmx de> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 26.05.2010, 09:40 +0100 schrieb Stuart Langridge:
>> I'd also be happy to be involved in this, and being the dude who
>> designed desktopcouch I've got a certain amount of knowledge about this
>> :) I pinned down moch at UDS and talked about how you identify when a
>> playlist has changed; the best thing to do is to watch for the normal
>> added and removed signals on the treeview for each playlist, and on the
>> Playlist header itself (so you can know when new playlists appear or old
>> ones are deleted), I think. Since there are at least three people
>> thinking about or working on this, we should pool our resources :)
>>

> That doesn't help much, I guess. The plugin will be informed every time
> a playlist is created or deleted, but the (in my mind) main usage:
> adding songs to existings playlists isn't covered here. That's why I was
> thinking of dealing with drag&drop/rightclick signals.
>
> I'm wondering if it takes much effort to patch rhythmbox sending signals
> when the function for adding songs to a playlist is called.

The other part of this approach is that you'd also extract the base
query model for each playlist and watch for the usual GtkTreeModel
signals - row-inserted, row-deleted, rows-reordered, which indicate
that the playlist has been updated. The base query model (accessible
via the 'base-query-model' property on any source) is the underlying
query model for any source that includes all of its entries, without
any filtering or searching restrictions.