Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the Mood plugin thoughts

Hi Charlotte,

I would hardly call your plugin a "failure."  Of course, it would be
great if it were kept up to date. ;)  However, if anything, you did some
interesting development in a new area of interest.  A lot of different
things in playlist generation are coming up these days, and it's always
good to experiment.

I'd love to collaborate on a project.  But, right now, I'm awfully busy
with school.  So, I wouldn't want to commit to something that I wasn't
sure I could dedicate some time too.

With that being said, I may follow in your footsteps, Charlotte, and
write a proposal for GSoC to work on a playlist generator that is tempo
and tonality based.  Even if I don't get accepted, I will probably
tinker with it in the summer.

Beatmatching tracks would also be an awesome feature!  However, I'm not
sure if Rhythmbox could handle that easily.  I guess it would require
that ability to start a song at a specific position within the song at a
specific time during the current one playing.  In addition, as you say,
Charlotte, the beats would have to be aligned and, perhaps, small
inaudible time slices taken out of the faster song to get a perfect
match?

Anyway, it would definitely be an interesting project.

Neil