Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the Mood plugin thoughts

Good to see that there is some interest in this type of feature!

I'm going to take a look at autoqueue and I'm in the process of
compiling Banshee and the Mirage plugin to test that out.

I'm not too keen on using last.fm as a source for retrieving music
similarity data, as a lot of the music it would recommend would probably
not even exist in my library.  Nevertheless, I won't totally dismiss it
until I try it.  I'm looking forward to testing it out.

I did some snooping around, and it seems that there hasn't been much
development around playlist generation based on tonality.  Most of the
work is based on timbre.  If anyone could shed some light on the reasons
for that, I'm all ears.  Anyway, I think that a playlist generator based
on tonality and tempo would be really cool.  I will have to continue
researching to determine the feasibility, however.  I know the Serato
Scratch DJ software implements some reliable BPM and key analysis
features, so it must be possible.

Neil