Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the Mood plugin thoughts

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Neil Loknath <neil loknath gmail com> wrote:
> I recently compiled and installed Charlotte Curtis' GSOC project form
> last year: the In the Mood plugin, which can be found at
> http://code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-predictive-playback/downloads/list
>
> Congrats on a very cool project, Charlotte!  I have been using it
> intensely since installing it, and I quite like the concept of it.  It
> seems that intelligent playlists are quite popular right now (ie. iTunes
> Genius feature).  And, I think the trend will continue.  With that being
> said, I have some thoughts on expanding on Charlotte's work.  In fact, I
> am hoping that Charlotte will chime in to this and join the discussion.

I'm currently looking at the possibility of doing something similar
but using the last.fm web API to generate potential matches (which is
how I think Genius works on iTunes). It will be interesting to see how
the two compare in performance.

I have no code to at the moment as I'm just familiarising myself with
writing Python plugins for Rhythmbox. However I shall post as soon as
I have something worth sharing.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php