Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the mood: predictive playback for Rhythmbox

At 8:23p -0400 on Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Charlotte Curtis wrote:
> Another thing I should mention is that it only analyzes the middle 30
> seconds of the song.  This was done to reduce the amount of time
> required for analysis, but it is possible that it could pick up on a
> segment that is actually quite distinct from the rest of the song.
> I'm not sure how this could be improved while maintaining a tolerable
> analysis time.

Is analysis something that you could put in a thread?  Then you could
make it low-priority, do it in chunks (so you could start again if it
was stopped), put it in the background, analyze the whole song, and
generally have it be something that didn't freeze the UI while allowing
the user do other things while computation is ongoing.

Take with salt, please, as I know not of what I speak; I don't know the
RB internals at all (yet).

Kevin