Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] In the mood: predictive playback for Rhythmbox

Charlotte Curtis ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks to a variety of helpful people, my GSoC plugin has reached some
> semblance of functionality.  If anyone is interested in testing it
> out, the package can be downloaded from
> http://code.google.com/p/rhythmbox-predictive-playback/downloads/list.

This is a fantastic news: I was waiting for it!

>  It also requires the installation of the most recent Marsyas version,
> which can be acquired from
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=84982&package_id=96585&release_id=612499.
>  In order to have ogg and mp3 support, Marsyas must be configured with
> --with-mad and --with-vorbis.

I've just started to compile, but I receive the following error:

> In member function ‘virtual bool RtApiAlsa::probeDeviceOpen(int, RtApi::StreamMode, int, int, RtAudio3Format, int*, int)’:
> ../../otherlibs/RtAudio/RtAudio3.cpp:3997: error: ‘INT_MAX’ was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [RtAudio3.o] Error 1

I'm running Debian SID, so I've tried to look for something like RtAudio
(aptitude search rt |grep audio) and I've installed libarts1-audiofile
libportaudio-dev, but it still doesn't work. How can I figure out the
problem?

> On first run, In the Mood will prompt you (with an oh-so-naughty
> popup) that the feature analysis database is incomplete.  This is an
> unfortunately time-consuming process, taking anywhere from 0.5 to 3
> seconds per song, depending on the speed of your computer.

I think that with my 140 Gb music library it will take the all night! :D

> After this one-time analysis step, you simply drag a song onto the 'In The Mood'
> playlist source, and it will add another song that it believes is the
> best match.  Once the second starts playing, a third is appended and
> so on.

I'm curious to see how it works!

> There aren't many options in the configuration panel, but basically,
> you can start the analysis from there (if you don't want to do it the
> first time it prompts you), and you can choose whether or not new
> songs added to the library get analyzed right away.  Also, you can
> choose 'evolution' mode (songs appended to the playlist are chosen
> based on the LAST song) or 'in the mood' mode (songs are chosen based
> on the FIRST song).

Cool!

> I'd love to hear any feedback you might have, thanks!

Just the time to make it work and I'll send you a feedback!

enjoy, ;)
giopas

- --
"The paradigm of competition is a race: by
rewarding the winner, we encourage everyone
to run faster. When capitalism really works
this way, it does a good job; but its defenders
are wrong in assuming it always works this way.
If the runners forget why the reward is offered
and become intent on winning, no matter how, they
may find other strategies--such as, attacking
other runners. If the runners get into a fist
fight, they will all finish late."
(GNU manifesto/R. Stallman)