Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GUI mockup... let's get this sorted once and for all

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 17:39 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > For still images, even a smaller display next to the song information in
> > the top toolbar would be fine, maybe scaled down, if it can be opened
> > easily in an image viewer. I was just commenting about the "even movies"
> > bit of your mail.
>
> I'm not sure this is right.  Check out the example here:
> http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/07/how_to_make_enh.html
>
> I don't think a tiny thumbnail next to the song title is going to cut it.
>
> I should say that I used to think the same way you do until two weeks
> ago when I saw Apple demo iTunesU here at JHU.  The level of integration
> between audio, video, etc. is amazing - we have some catching up to do.
>   I'm not sure just handing off to totem is going to work.

I'm still not convinced that podcast should be part of a music player.
Particularly one you start getting in to these kind of things, I think
it would be better as a separate podcasting app.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
"The target of this goto is a label in a block that has an automatic
variable with an initializer" -- MPW C error message