Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] GUI mockup... let's get this sorted once and for all

Bastien Nocera wrote:
On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 17:06 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:

Hey Bastien,

Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 16:52 -0500, William Jon McCann wrote:

Hi Gareth,

Gareth Murphy wrote:
[snip]

Yes there are... perhaps we shouldn't put it in the sidebar at all? Que
mockup... http://www.flickr.com/photos/gazam/116485003/

Might be good to think ahead to how me might be able to accomodate visual/video elements in podcasts and even movies. That is one reason why iTunes makes the art box large.

Please don't go cramming a video display in the interface there...

What do you mean be "there"?

Inside the main Rhythmbox interface. I'd rather it launched a Totem
window which would share Rhythmbox' "video library", or even a
"Totem-light", without a playlist, or repeat.

Cramming the video display inside the library sound as good as what
Apple did, adding video playback in iTunes wedged with sticky tape.

How does this solve the problem of displaying still images provided by the podcast?

Jon