Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Removing "disappeared" songs

> Has anybody used inotify? I'd be interested in hacking on this, but I
> have *zero* experience with inotify. I just hear that it's the "next
> big thing" in filesystem notifications.

gnome-vfs offers a file monitoring api, which uses fam or gamin, and the
latter one can use inotify if it's available. rb may already have code
using it, but there used to have issues with file monitoring where you
couldn't monitor more than 1024 directories at once (and it was buggy
too), dunno if that's still an issue.

Christophe