Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Removing "disappeared" songs

> 1) Why does the refresh only *delete* songs?  If I used "Import folder"
> to read a directory tree into Rhythmbox and then later add a new
> subdirectory to this folder, why shouldn't Rhythmbox import the new
> folder during the next refresh?

Hmm, this sounds like a good job for inotify. Of course when RB starts
it will still need to scan, since it wouldn't have received file
notifications while inactive. But it would be pretty sweet, IMO, to
have changes to the filesystem immediately recognised in RB.

Has anybody used inotify? I'd be interested in hacking on this, but I
have *zero* experience with inotify. I just hear that it's the "next
big thing" in filesystem notifications.

Have fun,

Peter