Re: Registering your arch archives Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Storage based mp3 players

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 23:48 +0200, Jaap Haitsma wrote:
> Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> > Yeah, sorry I didn't do that.
> >
> > If you have an arch repository please mention it in  the wiki:
> >
> > http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxContrib
> >
> > I didn't add branch name which I should probably do.  Since most of us
> > have a lot of branches.
> >
> > Also, it would be nice to switch to bazaar instead of tla since it's
> > a lot easier to use for newer contributors. :-)  But no biggie if
> > you don't.
> >
> > Bazaar is located in: http://bazaar.canonical.com/
> >
> > (or apt-get install bazaar if you're on debian type systems)
> >

> Since the main archive now is in CVS wouldn't it be a better idea to
> refer new users to CVS.
>
> The way I see it now (as an outsider, so I might be terribly wrong) is
> that having all these different archives with different functionality
> and patches is costing Bastien and Christophe a lot of extra time. I
> guess that for stability it would also be better if more people used the
> version in CVS.

I completely agree with Jaap. Feel free to do versioning system tests,
but do that away from Rhythmbox. We ended up with 9 months of backlog,
and it's hard enough tracking Rhythmbox as it is.

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>