Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Storage based mp3 players

Le vendredi 17 juin 2005 à 17:47 +1000, Nicholas Gill (mythagel) a
écrit :

> I have had a brief time to browse the rb source however, and wanted some
> opinion on how to go about implementing support for flash players.

Would you be able to make the difference with someone doing
mount /dev/hdc1 /my/windows/partition/with/mp3s ? (ie how would you
detect that a flash player has been plugged, can hal tell you that, will
it work without hal, ...) ?

> Something which i do not completely understand is that the ipod source
> seems to create its own item type. How should i proceed when there could
> be an arbitrary number of players connected?

You should be able to create several item types (item types are
registered at runtime iirc).

> p.s. i have not worked with GObject before save through the GLIBmm
> wrappers (which essentially hides all GObject details any way) so if
> anyone has a reference on how to do inheritance with GObject I'd
> appreciate it.

http://www.le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/index.html

Christophe