Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Interface Ideas

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 12:27:12AM +0200, Michi wrote:
> On 4/15/05, James Cotton <peabody124 gmail com> wrote:
> > That looks good, but I don't know if the genre drop down is a good
> > idea.
>
> I dont know, either =)
>
> You're totally right, in fact it shouldn't be there, I just did some
> experimenting with it when I was looking for alternative ways to order
> Genre/Artists/Albums but so far I havn't found anything better than
> the current system (at least nothing that is not radically different -
> and that was the goal: don't change much, but change enough).
>
> Removed the dropdown widget. [1]
>
> (somewhat releated) question: do people use the "Show Browser"
> expander button? I don't know if I ever used this and at least in the
> readio view it is somewhat strange...

I have, but my genre's don't follow a nice solid standard, so they are
kinda long and messy as well :)  Genre's are normally very long though,
2-3 words max, and generally short, like 'country' or 'rock' or 'rhythm
and blues', so it could probably stay sandwiched between artist and
album.  As you said, showing it in the browser is a user choice.

alan

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"Backups are for people who don't pray."                 -- big Mike