Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggestions for Rhythmbox

Applications should not run solely in the notification area. The
notification area is for notifications. If I'm running an application, I
want to see it in the window list so I don't forget to close it after
I'm finished using it.

When you propose running applications like gaim and rhythmbox in the
notification area, I interpret this to mean: "I run gaim and rhythmbox
all of the time and would not like their names to clutter my window
list."

This is a valid concern, nevertheless, the notification area is not a
solution to this problem. Either write a better window list applet that
does what you want (arbitrarily shrink an entry to icon size) or use
something that already exists: multiple desktops.

<snip>