Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Some suggestions

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 02:46, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > This is exactly the behaviour I was trying to describe :) with the only
> > addition that if you double click on a song when you have more than one
> > item in the queue the double clicked song is put on the head of the
> > queue without clearing your current queue.
>
> I would be weary of this - might be crazy enough to work - but changing
> the behavior of double click is risky and introduces "modes" - Queue
> mode and library mode depending on whether you have songs on in the
> queue or not. We should be as consistent as possible...

What I would like about this behaviour is that it _is_ somehow
consistent: the double clicked song starts to play immediately as the
user would expect. And the nice thing is that you don't lose your queue.
What is played next depends on the state of queue, but I think that it
is OK since I find unlikely that the user creted a queue by mistake.

ciao
	paolo