Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Some suggestions

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 02:09, Mark Finlay wrote:
> > If the queue is empty it would continue to work as it does now, if the
> > user explicitely created a queue, that would take the precedence.
> >
> > Do you think that it would be confusing?
>
> Probably ;)

Probably it's just my english that is confusing :) since what I meant is
exactly what you described below...

> For one thing - the whole point of a queue is that it doesn't need to be
> "created" it is just there.

Yes of course... with "created" I meant that you added a song to the the
queue

> The way I was thinking of was this:
>
> The currently playing song is always shown in the queue. If you double
> click on the library it would behave like it does now - play downwards,
> and each song in turn would be played, and while it is played it is the
> one and only item in the queue.
>
> Then you decide you want to go to another artist and play something of
> his next. You either drag that to the queue or context-click it and
> select "Add to Queue". You now have 2 items in the queue - the currently
> playing song and the song you just queued. These two songs will be
> played, and and in turn removed from the queue. When the end of the
> queue is reached the player will go back to playing from the current
> library query.

This is exactly the behaviour I was trying to describe :) with the only
addition that if you double click on a song when you have more than one
item in the queue the double clicked song is put on the head of the
queue without clearing your current queue.

ciao
	paolo