Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Some suggestions

> If the queue is empty it would continue to work as it does now, if the
> user explicitely created a queue, that would take the precedence.
>
> Do you think that it would be confusing?

Probably ;)

For one thing - the whole point of a queue is that it doesn't need to be
"created" it is just there.

The way I was thinking of was this:

The currently playing song is always shown in the queue. If you double
click on the library it would behave like it does now - play downwards,
and each song in turn would be played, and while it is played it is the
one and only item in the queue.

Then you decide you want to go to another artist and play something of
his next. You either drag that to the queue or context-click it and
select "Add to Queue". You now have 2 items in the queue - the currently
playing song and the song you just queued. These two songs will be
played, and and in turn removed from the queue. When the end of the
queue is reached the player will go back to playing from the current
library query.

I would have to (and have the resources to) test this on "real users" to
see how it hold's up - so if anyone want to put together a quick hack so
that i could test it that'd be cool - but i'd say we'd need the new
library to be done and all that...

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student