Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 09:23, John Russell wrote:
> I whole heartedly disagree here.  It says on the front page of
> http://www.rhythmbox.org/ that rhythmbox is an an integrated music
> management application.  IMHO tagging songs is a critical part of music
> management.  When I rip three CDs, and the artists on them are now
> "Beethoven", "Ludwig van Beethoven", and "Beethoven, Ludwig van"  that
> is not right, obviously.  And I should be able to change the artist for
> two of the albums in a single transaction (the way you can in itunes and
> others) in order to better manage my music.  Going through each tracks
> properties dialog and pasting "Beethoven, Ludwig van" into each one is
> not.... well its just not.

If I could venture to put it another way:

Mass-tagging has a more important role as a tightly integrated part of
RB's GUI than things like ripping and burning CD's do, IMHO.
--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/Jabber: atrus@rifetech.com =-
Mary had a crypto key, she kept it in escrow,

This is a digitally signed message part