Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Proposal for first-generation Musicbrainzintegration

> I understand that my opinion carries less weight because I haven't
> contributed any code yet, but several of you helped me get a development
> environment running a few days.  The whole reason for that was I wanted
> to try to address the lack of id3tagging in rhythmbox.

It's not that at all.  Anybody with serious ideas carry equal weight.
We'll just respect you more if you implemented it too. ;)

> I think that rb should and really must have a decent answer to id3
> tagging if it is really going to be an integrated music manager, instead
> of just xmms with better organization.  Well its already more than that,
> but you get the idea.

If you refer to my original mail and what Colin was saying.  It doesn't
have to be a monolithic application.  The second application be tightly
integrated with the main application.  Rhythmbox could be a suite of
programs not just one program.  It would be advantageous to do so since we
can develop the same look at feel.  I think it will be quire workable.
Otherwise ui-wise it will be challenge to include it all.

regards,
sri