Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 13:34, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 04:38, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > Is an applet the right thing to do for this kind of things? One
> > advantage of tray icons is that their life cycle is tied to rhythmbox,
> > ie they only appear when rhythmbox is running. This is harder to make
> > that work properly with an applet.
>
> Well the thing is that we're not supposed to use tray icons the way we
> do, according to the guidelines I've seen.

Those guidelines (unfortunately) never got very far and were certainly
far from set in stone. I'm not sure what to suggest on that count- you
might want to restart the discussion on the usability list, with your
specific use-case in mind. Probably it's going to take someone with a
lot of patience to hammer something through the usability list. [And
possibly willing to write code to enforce the behaviors decided on by
the usability list.]

Luis