Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

[forwarding to the list as well]

Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:22, Rached Ben Mustapha wrote:
>
>>The attached patch changes the click-on-tray-icon behaviour a bit. It
>>makes the main window be brought to front when it is not visible (for
>>example, on another desktop, or under another window), and hide it when
>>it is visible.
>
> Is there any precendent for this behavior?

GAIM and Battfink does it this way. The Gnome Media CD Player and
GnomeMeeting don't. I think this is much more intuitative than having to
click the icon twice (once to *really* hide the window, once to show it
again) to make it visible when it is already effectively hidden.

Another improvement would be to have RB hide instead of exiting when a
notification applet is present *and* the window is closed. GAIM,
GnomeMeeting and Battfink all do this, but again the Gnome Media CD
Player doesn't.

Mike.

--
mike gratton <http://web.vee.net/> <jabber:mjg@jabber.vee.net>
  "the last thing i saw was a big long saw