Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:48, Michael Gratton wrote:
> [forwarding to the list as well]
>
> Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 11:22, Rached Ben Mustapha wrote:
> >
> >>The attached patch changes the click-on-tray-icon behaviour a bit. It
> >>makes the main window be brought to front when it is not visible (for
> >>example, on another desktop, or under another window), and hide it when
> >>it is visible.
> >
> > Is there any precendent for this behavior?
>
> GAIM and Battfink does it this way. The Gnome Media CD Player and
> GnomeMeeting don't. I think this is much more intuitative than having to
> click the icon twice (once to *really* hide the window, once to show it
> again) to make it visible when it is already effectively hidden.

Yay!! another person who thinks like me... well... at least on this.
> Another improvement would be to have RB hide instead of exiting when a
> notification applet is present *and* the window is closed. GAIM,
> GnomeMeeting and Battfink all do this, but again the Gnome Media CD
> Player doesn't.

Currently theres not a quit option in the panel menu.  So I don't think
this would be a good thing... it would cause the user to have to go to the
file menu to exit (or ctrl-Q).  Add this and I think it would be fine.
--
Douglas McMorris <virage83@mail.utexas.edu>