Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, Jens Georg <mail jensge org>, William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>, "Zeeshan Ali \(Khattak\)" <zeenix gmail com>
- Subject: Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:47:06 -0500
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Yes, it ought to be part of the core eventually, but only after we
> have a well-designed integration and know the 'story' for media
> sharing, I think.
To expand a bit, questions to be answered first include:
- How is the sharing configured ? We don't have a cc panel or even
design for it at this point
- How do we deal with privacy implications ? There ought be a good way
to reassure the user that he is not sharing anything with random
people in the coffee shop, and a way to easily see what is shared.
This also requires quite a bit of network management infrastructure
that we don't have atm. Again, no design available.
] [Thread Prev