Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> Yes, it ought to be part of the core eventually, but only after we
> have a well-designed integration and know the 'story' for media
> sharing, I think.

To expand a bit, questions to be answered first include:

- How is the sharing configured ? We don't have a cc panel or even
design for it at this point

- How do we deal with privacy implications ? There ought be a good way
to reassure the user that he is not sharing anything with random
people in the coffee shop, and a way to easily see what is shared.
This also requires quite a bit of network management infrastructure
that we don't have atm. Again, no design available.