Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>
- Cc: release-team gnome org, Jens Georg <mail jensge org>, William Jon McCann <william jon mccann gmail com>, "Zeeshan Ali \(Khattak\)" <zeenix gmail com>
- Subject: Re: Rygel/gupnp-dlna missing in new modulesets
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:43:30 -0500
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
>> >> It has been part of GNOME since 2.32 unless its been removed without
>> >> any notification to the maintainer (me).
>> > We are still waiting on gnome release team for a reply on this.
>> As I have said in earlier discussion around the new module sets,
>> adding things back to gnome-apps is free-for-all. If your module is
>> missing, feel free to add it there.
> I believe Rygel is not to be considered as an application but as core,
> just like gnome-user-share or vino; this calls for a release team
> And I JFDI, I added rygel to the moduleset.
Yes, it ought to be part of the core eventually, but only after we
have a well-designed integration and know the 'story' for media
sharing, I think.
] [Thread Prev