Re: Evolution/MAPI

On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 16:49 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:

> > > Sure, but the last time we were based on libmapi-0.7's particular
> > > version. We surely would depend on libmapi-0.8, but some time later, as
> > > this new version brings in API changes which we aren't interested much
> > > to change atm. It changes the architecture a bit around supporting
> > > multiple Exchange connections. So I might depend on 0.8 may be some time
> > > later, but for now, I would stick to a particular version. Even libmapi
> > > for that matter depends on a particular samba4 revision than some
> > > tarball.
> >
> > So you want to use something which is between libmapi-0.7 and
> > libmapi-0.8? I think that's something we'd like to avoid.

Some update here, Julien, the maintainer of libmapi, offered help for us
to help to migrate to 0.8/trunk code of OpenChange. Infact he as cooked
a patch already, that makes it would against libmapi trunk. So, given
this, we should be able to move to 0.8 once its out. So, we have a new
svn project evolution-mapi and I want to include it for GNOME 2.26 and
define the external dependency of Samba4 and libmapi.

-Srini.