Re: [gdm-list] GDM status.

simon zheng sun com wrote:
Additionally, when I looked into current GDM 2.20, I found Failsafe
GNOME and Failsafe Xterm starting CLI was generated in hard-code rather
than desktop file. I only find gnome.desktop, there's no
failsafe.desktop or xterm.desktop.

This is a good thing.  It's much harder to break 'failsafe' if
it has no configuration knobs to be tweaked.

This way looks not very flexiable to
allow distribution to custom.

If you want a flexible, customisable minimal session then it's
easy to define a new .desktop file that gives you exactly that.
Or several of them, if that's what you want.  The point about a
'failsafe' session is that it has a bare minimum set of
dependencies, in order to maximise its chances of working when
the system has been damaged or destabilised.

Mike.
--
mike oliver sun com