Re: [gdm-list] GDM status.

Dan:

One reason for hard coding is that it avoids one more failure mode.
I.e., it's not failsafe if it depends on a valid failsafe.desktop.
Just a thought; maybe that scenario is just busted and you have to see
the log output to debug that issue.

That's true, though I think it would still be better for GDM to use
the .desktop files, even for Failsafe session.  Different people and
distros will want to use different terminal programs.  Some terminal
programs can work with accessibility, and others do not for example.
So, it is best if people can configure which programs are started.
Hardcoding this makes it hard to change.

Brian