Re: [gdm-list] GDM status.
- From: "Dan Nicholson" <dbn lists gmail com>
- To: "Ray Strode" <halfline gmail com>
- Cc: GNOME release team <release-team gnome org>, gdm-list <gdm-list gnome org>, "simon zheng sun com" <Simon Zheng sun com>
- Subject: Re: [gdm-list] GDM status.
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:00:19 -0700
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
>> Additionally, when I looked into current GDM 2.20, I found Failsafe
>> GNOME and Failsafe Xterm starting CLI was generated in hard-code rather
>> than desktop file. I only find gnome.desktop, there's no
>> failsafe.desktop or xterm.desktop. This way looks not very flexiable to
>> allow distribution to custom.
> Right. I think we should avoid hard coding again.
One reason for hard coding is that it avoids one more failure mode.
I.e., it's not failsafe if it depends on a valid failsafe.desktop.
Just a thought; maybe that scenario is just busted and you have to see
the log output to debug that issue.
] [Thread Prev