Re: [Planner Dev] planner database

Richard Hult wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

Further testing seems to indicate that when connecting to a Postgres database, the planner software ignores the server provided and only looks at the local machine. I've come to this conclusion because by leaving that field blank or putting another machine name in it, I still get the local database.

Is this a bug, or is this just not ready for remote database access?

Let's call it a bug, sounds like it should be easy to fix...

You have any idea how long? I'm willing to look at the code if you folks don't have time to get to it right away.

I have noted that if you leave the server field blank it defaults to the local machine. But, it does ignore any other machine/ip address I might put in that field.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995