Re: [Planner Dev] planner database

Richard Hult wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

So I've rebuilt planner with database support. When I attempt to connect it fails, with pretty much a useless message.

Alvaro wrote a brief testing guide that might help:

http://lists.imendio.com/pipermail/planner-dev/2004-October/001131.html

I'm sure he's interested in getting feedback before 0.13 so if you find bugs please let us know.

Well it's interesting. I've tried first to connect locally. If I try it as root, I get a 'connection to database plannerdb' failed.' If I try the same as non-root user, it crashes when I attempt to connect to the database. I'm using the same database user name, just running planner as root and a non-root user.

When I try to connect via a remote machine as a non-root user, I get the same 'connection to database plannerdb failed' message. I can list the database relations via \d and the owner is the id I was using:

plannerdb=# \d
                      List of relations
 Schema |             Name              |   Type   |  Owner
 public | allocation                    | table    | esoteric
 public | calendar                      | table    | esoteric
.
.

I'm going to continue to work this, but any suggestions would be appreciated. As previously noted, I can connect to the database via perl, so I know the database is available via this id.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995