Re: [Planner Dev] planner database

Richard Hult wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

I'm looking at using planner for a project and was wondering what exactly is meant by "The database support is still considered a technology preview?"

If it means it's difficult to setup, that's okay. If it means you might loose data, that's not okay.

Also, is it possible start a project with out the database backend, then migrate to it? I'm not looking at re-entering all the data, was wondering if there is some functionality to do the migration?

The warning is mostly about that the database needs to be manually setup to create the necessary tables etc. This has been improved in the CVS version (for the upcoming 0.13 release), so we might remove the caveat.

You can always save any project to a database, so starting out with a file works well.

Excellent. So now, the question is, how does one save it to the database? I can not find any such option. Save, save as, export to, none of which provide an intuitively obvious database option to the casual observer.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995