Re: Implementing Batch Requests in GConf

On 4/24/07, Ryan Cumming <ryan cumming neverbluemedia com> wrote:

Okay, I've hacked together a very rough patch that will do negative
 caching on GConf entries. This means if it doesn't find a key in cache
 that should've been covered by a previous add_dir, it will consider that
 authoritative and not do a roundtrip to the server. This drastically
 reduces the total number of roundtrips during Gnome login.

 This is definitely not intended for inclusion, I'm just looking for
 feedback.

If the user later adds a key, will the client-side cache automatically
get updated ?
Or will this negative caching hide the newly added value ?

Matthias