Re: Implementing Batch Requests in GConf

El s� 21-04-2007 a las 10:09 -0700, Ryan Cumming escribi�Rocktastic; thanks for looking into this!

> However, looking at the implementation of gconf_client_add_dir it looks
> like it actually recurses each dir and calls all_entries() to get all
> the keys and values for that dir at once. Furthermore, the suggested
> batch_lookup() API needs a list of keys to query which would make it
> more expensive than the current all_entries() method.
>
> Does this item contain old information, or am I misunderstanding
> something?

It's very probably inaccurate (euphemism for I'm a Big Fat Liar) :)

The point is that the "cache all the entries recursively" should not
require num_keys roundtrips.  Maybe we need a little addition to the
CORBA interface to do get_all_keys_and_values_recursively(dir) in one
shot.

  Federico