Implementing Batch Requests in GConf

Hi,

I was looking at the "implement batch requests in GConf" item on the
login time wiki page which states:

"Everyone uses gconf_client_add_dir ("/apps/my-app", PRELOAD_RECURSIVE).
However, this actually works by getting a list of keys, and then
querying the value for each key. This means that we have a lot of
roundtrips to the GConf daemon."

However, looking at the implementation of gconf_client_add_dir it looks
like it actually recurses each dir and calls all_entries() to get all
the keys and values for that dir at once. Furthermore, the suggested
batch_lookup() API needs a list of keys to query which would make it
more expensive than the current all_entries() method.

Does this item contain old information, or am I misunderstanding
something?

-Ryan

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please immediately delete the e-mail and either notify the sender at the above e-mail address or by telephone at 250.386.5323.