Re: Implementing Batch Requests in GConf

On Mon, 2007-23-04 at 09:55 -0700, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> El sáb, 21-04-2007 a las 10:09 -0700, Ryan Cumming escribió:

> It's very probably inaccurate (euphemism for I'm a Big Fat Liar) :)
>
> The point is that the "cache all the entries recursively" should not
> require num_keys roundtrips.  Maybe we need a little addition to the
> CORBA interface to do get_all_keys_and_values_recursively(dir) in one
> shot.

Cool, I'll take a look at this later this week. From what I saw, it
shouldn't be that hard to do a recursive all_entries. One thing I'm
concerned about is it being possible to do a local DoS on gconfd by
doing a huge recursive all_entries (for instance, on "/"). I don't know
if that's a valid concern, I'll have to check it out when I actually
start coding.

Also, should I update the wiki page to lie less? ;)

-Ryan

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please immediately delete the e-mail and either notify the sender at the above e-mail address or by telephone at 250.386.5323.