Re: [orca-list] Our list will be moving to Discourse

For what it's worth, I'm not on Facebook, but that has nothing to do
with accessibility and stems from a general aversion to the
monolithic, megasocial sites that predates my blindness, and I'm
pretty sure I'd still be without a Facebook account in an alternate
timeline where I never went blind.

Also, I'm on fewer forums now than I was back when I had a working
eye, but again, I wouldn't blame it on a lack of accessibility. It's
just that most of the forums that existed back in the late 90s and
throughout the 00s have long since died out, and nowadays, community
starters are more likely to create a Facebook Group or Discord server
than setup a traditional web forum. Forums remain my preferred format
for online communities, its just that as time goes on, it becomes
harder to find new ones I want to join and more of the ones I'm
already on either lose my interest, become inactive or go offline
entirely.