Re: [orca-list] Gnome 42

On Thu, 21 Apr 2022, Jason White via orca-list wrote:

Thank you. The update just arrived on Arch Linux. With this version installed, I wasn't able to reproduce the AT-SPI2 crash, but, of course, the Gnome-Text-Editor crashes are still present, as they're obviously an unrelated issue.

There's a recent gtk change that is supposed to fix an a11y crash. It will be in 4.6.3, which looks like it is intended to be released now, looking at the git repository, but it isn't on download.gnome.org yet.

I was seeing an abort in gtkatspipango.c. Right now I'm using gtk 4 from the main branch, and I haven't seen that crash there.

Orca is not seeing keystrokes for me when I use gnome-text-editor. Is this happening for other people? I thought that I had that working at one point. It could be a problem on the AT-SPI side; I'm trying to look into it.

-Mike