Re: [orca-list] Gnome 42

Thanks.
I removed evolution-ews and the problem disappeared.
On 4/21/22 19:03, Mike Gorse wrote:
I just ran into this, too. It turned out to be unrelated to Orca or accessibility and caused by evolution-ews, which is pulled in and still linked against gtk 3. If I remove evolution-ews, then gnome-contacts will start up for me. Here is how I debugged it, in case it is caused by something different in your case:

- Start gnome-contacts under gdb.
- Break on main.
- Once main is hit, set a breakpoint on dlopen.
- After each call to dlopen, try to set a breakpoint on gtk_misc_get_type. It is one of the old symbols that gtk 4 checks for to determine whether gtk 3 has been loaded. If this succeeds, rather than gdb telling you that the symbol is not defined, then you've found your library that pulled it in.

Hth,
-Mike