Re: [orca-list] LibreOffice and orca: moving to headings, links, tables etc.

On 20/4/22 07:32, Peter Vágner via orca-list wrote:
Back to the libreoffice discussion.
Libreoffice writer has so called navigator feature. Show / hide the navigator by pressing F5 or find it under View menu. When focus is inside the document content pressing F5 brings up a treeview. Root nodes of that treeview are control types you might be interested in. Level 1 items represent the actual content including heading at level 1. Level 2, level 3 etc are headings at that level. If you find a heading or another control you are interested in just press enter key to jump to that part of the document.

This is an excellent feature.

When I last tried it, after moving from the navigator into the text of the document, I wasn't able to move focus back to the navigator tree (e.g., with Shift-F6, Shift-Tab or combinations of these).

I haven't tested this lately, so I don't know whether it has improved. Pressing F5 twice to close and reopen the navigator worked though.