Re: [orca-list] Screenreader Accessibility Testers for Ubuntu

On 6/4/22 09:50, Devin Prater via orca-list wrote:
One of the biggest problems right now are desktop environments. Gnome has slipped far since Gnome2 and the days where there was hope for Linux accessibility. I'm glad the installer is getting some love. But IMHO, it's what happens *after* installation that needs the most help.

What worries me is that if any one of a number of key contributors to Linux accessibility left the community, no one would take up the work and the infrastructure that we have would decline - whereas it needs to improve, as you suggest.

There is a need for consistent and adequate investment of development effort and resources over the long term. At the moment, we don't have it to the necessary extent.