Re: [orca-list] KDE Plasma Launcher "Kickoff" makes progress in accessibility

Let me add some clarifications when it comes to custom Braille table...
There will be space characters in the file, but brltty driver will
show them as just a single cell. When the caret gets focus on this
very character it will be expanded to 4 spaces on the Braille display.
As for Linux suitabiity for blind users or developers, I must say that
it depends what you are doing, for pure coding is very demanding and I
would not go down this path. System administration or devops or even
security, at least in my oppinion are easier to handle.
I am thinking about Linux for I got recently very much into
ergonomics, optimizing for comfort in everyday taks. Last but not
least, bought the Kinesis Advantage 2 ergonomic keyboard to take care
of slowly developing RSI.
Technology-related areas are very vast and wide - doing customer
research, analyzing feedback or even researching ways to make
improvements in how software is developed at companies are just a
beginning. While there seems to be run on accessibility in recent
months the implementation seems to be out of touch with reality...

Just a few ideas... Best... Pawel