Re: [orca-list] slint-14.2 which kernel parameter should i type to get software speech with build in speakup

Well, maybe instead of using Rufus you can just copy the ISO file to an USB stick from another Linux with a
command like:
cp slint64-14.2.1.2.iso /dev/sdx

Where sdx should be replaced by the name of the USB stick you want to write the ISO file on, like e.g /dev/sdc

Of course check this name carefully with a command like:
lsblk -l -o name,size,type mountpoint
and also check that no partition of this device (if any) be mounted.

Best,
Didier

PS I recently learned that the command cp works for that, confirmed by Thomas Schmitt, author of xorriso.
I will mention that in the Slint documentation, replacing dd by cp.