Re: [orca-list] slint-14.2 which kernel parameter should i type to get software speech with build in speakup

Hello Janusz,

Do not include any kernel parameter and the installer will speak to you.

Explanation:
1) If the installer finds the word "speakup" in the kernel command line
it assumes that a hardware speech synthesizer is in use, thus it doesn't
start espeakup.
2) Else espeakup is always started (but the user can choose to not have
speech during installation a little later in the installation process).

Please find more information following this link:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/README.installation
and more generally in the directory:
http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/

After installation you will have access the the same information just
typing in a console or terminal:
slint-doc

Best regards,
Didier