Re: [orca-list] orca does not read emoji since a recent commit

Le 25/04/2019 à 13:17, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
Unfortunately I think we shouldn't expect emoji support into Speech
Dispatcher until someone find time to work on it. For now, no one work
on it so it could never come to Speech Dispatcher or in many many years.

Hi,
out of curiosity, this evening I made some tests with speech-dispatcher
directly
I precise that I'm an orca, empty emoji

add the end of file /usr/share/speech-dispatcher/locale/fr/symbols.dic
#emoji
😁    smiling face with smiling eyes    none
and restart speech-dispatcher.
when I use spd-say "test 😁" he acknowledged the emoji and said "test"
smiling face with smiling eyes"

however, with orca, the émoji is not decoded by speech-dispatcher. it
looks like orca to skip the file symbols.dic.

I tested by putting also the emoji with its description in the file
/usr/share/speech-dispatcher/locale/en/symbols.dic saying to me that
orca could use the english version of the file symbols.dic but without
result ...

use the voxin synthesizer.

HTH.

Jerem