Re: [orca-list] orca does not read emoji since a recent commit

Le 25/04/2019 à 13:17, Alex ARNAUD a écrit :
Le 18/04/2019 à 17:42, Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
Sorry about that. Once speech-dispatcher handles emojis for us, the
general emoji problem will be solved.

Unfortunately I think we shouldn't expect emoji support into Speech
Dispatcher until someone find time to work on it. For now, no one work
on it so it could never come to Speech Dispatcher or in many many years.

Just to sound a little more optimistic: while indeed someone has to do
it and nobody did yet, it could be a *relatively* easy task if someone
wanted to give it a shot.

Look at the upstream report
https://github.com/brailcom/speechd/issues/49, and know that:

* Current speech dispatcher has support for NVDA symbols dictionaries;
* Those files should be a good way to handle Emojis;
* NVDA might even already have a script for converting the CLDR data to
symbols dictionaries (given I think I heard Emoji support was fixed
there -- not sure), and such a script could then potentially be adopted.
 If not, it could be worked on together with them.

That was a free bit of hope :)
Yet, there still isn't anybody *actually* working on this yet that I'm
aware of, but maybe I just sparkled a vocation?

Cheers,
Colomban