Re: [orca-list] Donating, and quick question about Voxigyn

Hi Jean-Philippe, all.

Regarding this:

On 07/08/2018 04:17 AM, Jean-Philippe MENGUAL wrote:

First historically Joanie has never wanted donations, and Igalia cannot
them as a profit company. Joanie considers as well that it is better to
debug apps than working on Orca itself for someone wanting to improve
accessibility. Next you are right, reinforcing accessibility in free
software is very important, as just now, just Joanie works on it, as
well as Hypra. The situation is somewhat worrying I think.

Joanie also thinks that she can speak for herself. Please refrain from
doing so in the future. Even when you're correct in reporting my
opinion, it is not polite.

To correct your statement about what I consider better: I don't want
people to debug apps; I want people to *fix* apps. That's the way to
ensure Orca does a good, performant, reliable job providing access to
the GNU/Linux desktop and apps therein.

As long as we're on the subject of what Joanie thinks, I think users
wanting to support Orca through donations should earmark their donations
for the app and toolkit bugs they want properly fixed. Perhaps a
bounty-program structure could be put into place so people could donate
to, say, a fund/bounty to finally fix the bugs in Writer that prevent me
from implementing full structural navigation support.

For what it's worth.
--joanie